CARLSBAD AND ATLANTIC
Carlsbad lies in West Bohemia at the confluence of the Teplá River and the Ohře River, about 120 km west of Prague. It is the largest and best-known spa city in the Czech Republic.
Charles IV founded the city in the 14th century. According to the legend, the Emperor had the city built soon after the accidental discovery of thermal springs by his hunting retinue. The spa facilities enjoyed the favour of many aristocratic houses and rich burghers as early as the 16th century. Due to a series of natural disasters, only a few buildings have been preserved from that period. Most architectonic monuments originated in the 18th and the 19th century when the city experiences a „period of abundance“.
Luxury Spa Hotel Atlantic Palace was opened in the early twentieth century, only a few days before the outbreak of the First World War. This listed building is situated in the heart of Karlovy Vary, a stone's throw from the Colonnade at the sight of Stará louka (Old meadow) overlooking the lazily flowing Teplá River. The hotel rooms have a beautiful view of the whole town center, St. Maria Magdalene Church, Theatre Square and the famous mixed forests of Carlsbad.
Our motto "Closer Than You Think ..." perfectly captures both the hotel's location and access of the hotel staff. The Luxury Spa Hotel Atlantic Palace just make you feel at home.
IMPORTANT AND CULTURAL EVENTS
The meeting of the European aristocracy - the last day of April.
Opening of the Spa season - first May Saturday.
Historical procession of Charles IV. across the city, and unlocking the springs and other accompanying program.
Food festival - labor day
the best cooks of the Karlovy Vary region are showcasing, guests have the opportunity to taste the prepared dishes and beverages.
Karlovy Vary Carnival - in the middle of the month of June
the parade of allegorical wagons and the people in masks and other accompanying program.
International Film Festival - the first week of July
most prestigious film festival in Central and Eastern Europe, the competition of feature films, guests have the opportunity to see the nominated films in cinemas and meet famous people.
City triathlon Karlovy Vary - the third weekend of August .
Czech Cup AGE GROUPS and relay race and the European Cup in the Olympic triathlon.
Karlovy Vary Folklore Festival - early September.
Dvorak autumn - every weekend in September
symphony orchestras are held in honor of the composer Antonín Dvořák.
Tourfilm - the beginning of October.
Festival of Tourism Films annually honors the best commercials, movies, online presentations, which help in the development of tourism.
- Saint Mary Magdalene Church
- Orthodox Church of Saint Peter and Paul
- Saint Andrew Church
- Saint Linhart Church
- Saint Luke Church
- Main Post Office
- Castle Tower
- City Theater
- Post Court
- Imperial Bath
LOOKOUTS AND TOWERS
- The Lookout of Charles IV.
- Goethe's Lookout
- Deer Leap
- Three Crosses
- Petr´s upland
- Park Colonnade (Park Spring, Snake Spring) - from hotel app. 300 m/less than 8 minutes walk
- Freedom Spring Arbour ( Freedom Spring) - from hotel app. 250 m/7 minutes walk
- Mill Colonnade (Rock Spring, Libuše Spring, Mill Spring, Rusalka Spring, Prince Wenceslas I., Prince Wenceslas II.) - from hotel app. 150 m/3 minutes walk
- Market Colonnade ( Lower Castle Spring , Market spring, The Charles IV. Spring) - from hotel app. 50 m/1 minute walk
- Hot Spring Colonnade (Hot Spring) - from hotel app. 50 m/1 minute walk
- Castle Colonnade (Upper Castle Spring) - from hotel app. 100 m /2 minutes walk
- City center - from hotel app. 500 m/8 minutes walk
- International Airport Karlovy Vary - from hotel app. 10 km/8 minutes by car
- Bus and Train Station Terminal - from hotel app. 3 km/9 minutes by car
- Train Station Karlovy Vary - from hotel app. 3 km/9 minutes by car
- Golf - nearby area of Karlovy Vary is a paradise for golfers - from hotel app. 8 km/10 minutes by car
Hotel Shuttle Bus
Type of vehicle: Ford Tourneo, Škoda Superb Combi
|Berlin Tegel Airport||350€||347km||4:30h|